Bradmax Player is HTML5 web video player, which support playback of DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected media. Such media is encrypted and can be decoded only, when user has license key - special "pass". DRM mechanism is the highest standard of media protection for internet. DRM mechanisms are deeply embedded into most popular web browsers protecting against copying protected content or "screen grabbing".
Bradmax player support 3 most popular DRM systems for web:
- Widewine (Google Chrome, Firefox, Android)
- Playready (MS InternetExplorer, MS Edge)
- FairPlay (iOS, Safari)
DRM playback data flow
Typical data flow for DRM protected media:
- User opens client web page and authenticate on it.
- Web page server checks if user can allow page, content. If all is fine, then display page with player.
- Player receives from web page some credentials for later use (with License server).
- User request starting of encrypted video.
- After starting playback of encrypted video player request “License server” for decryption keys. With this request player sends user credentials, so License server can check if this user is allowed for requesting such license.
- After receiving license player is capable to decrypt protected content and start video playback in player.
Each DRM system requires compatible license server. So if you want to play video on multiple devices and platforms, you need access to all Widewine, Playready, Fairplay license servers.
Client can integrate with each systems by it self, but it is very time consuming integration. For saving time and money we recommend to use one of below DRM providers:
DRM provider gives you:
- Access to license servers for each DRM system.
- Centralised system for managing user access to you media.
- Secure place for keeping and managing encryption keys for each media.
Preparing DRM content
Before you will be able to play DRM protected video, you need encrypt it. Typical flow for encrypting DRM:
- Prepare encryption key (with DRM provider cooperation) and store it. Key will be associated with some your media.
- Encrypt media files.
- Upload encrypted files into you streaming server.
For more details, how to do it please contact with your DRM provider.